Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Vienna/Wien. Not Wein.

This past weekend I was in Vienna.

The flight was from Hamburg was about 1.5 hours and Air Berlin gave out sandwiches, it was great.

Purse packing went better for me this time, as I mentioned in my Prague post. Bought a new bag and crammed all the things in it. Might add photos of it later, but I probably won't.

Saturday we tried to do a walking tour and were 1 minute late to the starting location. Someone told us the first stop and we ran there but they were already gone... assuming they started early. jerks. So we wandered around looking for giant real looking things and took their picture. Later on, I checked online for the main things to look at in Vienna and it seems we saw them all. score. The method of wandering aimlessly and occasionally exclaiming, 'oh, that looks like a thing!' was a success. We went to the Sacher Hotel cafe and had the famous Sacher Torte(chocolate cake) and Apple strudel. nomz. I was sick on Saturday but tried to power through and see all the things. We also walked around the Naschmarkt which was a giant empty lot full of people/weirdos selling random things. Saw a stuffed cat in a box. soooooo, that was great. Saturday night we went to a massive Schnitzel restaurant called Figlmüller. Malia got the schnitzel and I got the baked cheese thing, which I have decided was vegetarian Schnitzel, and some Spinatknödel or spinach dumplings. Delicious. 

Here is our food:

Dumplings and baked cheese thing:

 Malia's GIANT schnitzel:






























On our walk back to the hostel we passed the St. Stephen's cathedral, still not finished, but looked nice at night!


Front of St. Stephen's cathedral with a lightshow happening:


We played pool when we got back to the hostel and I went to bed and hoped to fell less illlllll on Sunday.

It worked. Sunday we went and got food, and the most delicious Chai Latte thing of my life:


Then we walked a mile or so to the Schloss Schönbrunn palace. 

Here is a picture I snuck of the floor in the Chinese closets in one of the main ballrooms:


After that we went and took a quick peek at the Danube:


and then got some more baked goods and coffee and headed to the airport.

Here is my flying neighbor Herr Strudel all buckled up for safety:

Sorry for the poor quality of some of these photos, I will try to upload the pictures from my camera to Facebook soon. I realize that posts will only words can be pretty boring, so I figured any photos are better than none.

-Michelle + Mr. Mink





also, I was hoping to embed Billy Joel's Vienna into this post, but couldn't get youtube to cooperate. So just sing it to yourself.




1 comment:

  1. My singing sounded horrible and really ruined it at the end... But I am jealous f your food adventures. Mss you!

    ReplyDelete