Friday, November 2, 2012

pack it in a purse(hire me Rick Steves)

quick Munich post:

Munich was amazing. The weather was warm and sunny and perfect. Saturday was one of those days where everything was exactly what you wanted/needed. After a fairly cold/rainy Hamburg week, Saturday was a magical sunshine-y day. We went to the Neuschwanstein Castle which was in some mountains in Füssel, about 2 hours away from Munich. Usually I am not a huge nature freak, but everything was soooooooo great. The fall leaves, sunshine, mountain views and a castle. If only there were donkeys. It was warm enough to expose my shoulders in an attempt to get a slight tan. glory. We left the castle and grabbed some food on a lake. Since it was warm, the bees were SWARMING. I think they love me/hate me. I freaked out, naturally, and put on a show for all the germans. sorry germans. The waitress came over after a while and put some coins on the table because she said she had seen people doing it to keep bees away. I looked it up and apparently it has something to do with light reflecting and confusing their giant bug eyeballs. These bees must have had really strong eyeballs. So I ran away and sat by the lake and soaked up some more sun and looked at all of the dogs. all of them. Germany has sooooo many dogs and I want to steal every single one of them. We headed back to the hostel and put on our dirndls and prepared to go to some beer hall place. We couldn't find the beer place and everyone on the street was confused by our Dirndls. Oktoberfest ended the week before, so everyone just thought we were dumb. Doesn't matter. It started raining a little so we headed back to the hostel bar and hung out there for a little bit. We ended up going out(not in Dirndls) with a few people we met who lived in Munich. Sunday we woke up and went to the Chinese pagoda in an English garden and found a German beer garden and had a giant pretzel. Soooo multicultural.

Last weekend I wasn't able to go to Dresden, but it ended up being a nice weekend anyways.

Tonight Malia and I are flying to Prague for the weekend. Last night, we decided we were too lazy to pack real bags and that turned in to a 'pack all the things in our purses' adventure. I think it might have taken more effort than packing a real bag, but hey.... maybe this is interesting enough to convince Rick Steves to hire me...

I will have to take pictures to document the packing.

For this weekend I have:

the clothes I am wearing:
-Boots
-Thick socks
-Jeans
-Long sleeve shirt
-Scarf
-Giant Man shirt(pajamas)
-Jacket with large pockets containing: umbrella, mini purse + locks for hostel(I know jacket pockets aren't really a purse, but whatever)

packed:
-socks + bonus socks, in case of rain
-underwear + bonus underwear, in case I am not allowed back into germany and have to live in the airport
-shirt
-elephant spandex pants(pajamas and sunday clothes)
-toiletries
-makeup
-camera
-chargers
-flipflips, in case I decide to shower + perfume for when that doesn't happen
-wallet
-sunglasses

I think I can probably do a better job packing, maybe I will perfect the pack it in a purse technique for Vienna.

Yay, adventure.

Also, I have been joking for a while that I would be fluent in German in November, so this would be the month I start talking.... I never really thought November would arrive... but alas. DeutscheMonat ist hier. So now have to speak German at home. Sorry if I get reallllllly silent this month, roomies.



No comments:

Post a Comment